Obstructive sleep apnea occurs when your airway partially or completely closes off during sleep. These episodes may even be occuring repeatedly throughout the night, disrupting the quality of sleep. This can cause daytime sleepiness and lead to other significant health problems.
When obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) is suspected, S.T.A.R.S. provides a convenient and cost effective way to diagnose patients either at home or in our facilities.
DID YOU KNOW?
- Over 40 million Americans suffer from a sleep disorder of which 50% suffer from OSA.
- 80% of the population is undiagnosed
- 50% of OSA patients have hypertension
- Patients with OSA are 3 – 5 times more likelihood to develop coronary artery disease
- 40% of OSA patients will have Type II diabetes